​It's only been a few years since Katy Perry's 2013 album Prism, but it's starting to feel like a lifetime.
There's a gaping big hole in the charts at the moment for some straight-up pop anthems, and that's one thing you can always rely on Pezza for.
So where is she at with her fourth studio album (we're ignoring the Katy Hudson debut by the way), and when can we expect to hear it? Digital Spy lays out everything we know so far.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Looking back at KP's release schedule so far in her career, we are due a new album in 2016. This was sort of confirmed by her manager last spring.
"Although Katy Perry is still supporting her Prism album across the globe, her manager has confirmed that the pop superstar's fourth full-length is not too far off - as in, it could be here in eight months," Billboard reported in May 2015.
Katy Perry
That being said, eight months from last May was actually three months ago, and yet we still have no concrete idea when to expect #KP4. "I do my records in a more traditional way, where the cycle is three years, so that once I start writing them, I know exactly where I'll be in spring of 2018," Katy told the New York Times earlier this year.
"That can get a little bit like 'Ugh'. I need a little bit more freedom, especially when I've been doing it for this long." Don't take too much of a prolonged break, please!
For her past three albums though, Pezza has led her campaign with a big summer single, so there's every chance her next pop anthem could be here within months.
Katy Perry at Rock in Rio 2015

Katy Perry new songs: what's on it?

The fact that Katy Perry has registered brand new song titles since the release of Prism in 2013 means she has been working on a least some fresh music.
"I'm in the research and development phase," Perry said in February 2016. "I've been going at it for eight or nine years in the spotlight, and then before that there's that decade of hustle that never gets recognised but still shows up in your wrinkles.
"So right now I'm taking a little time. I don't want to jump on any trends. I just need to evolve."

We know she's been in the studio with British DJ Duke Dumont, as they worked together on festive thumper 'Every Day Is A Holiday' for Katy's H&M Christmas campaign last year. There's no reason why they couldn't have used some of the time to work on even more dance-tinted pop gems too. 'Walking On Air' 2.0, please!
There's also a very good chance she'll be booked to go back into the studio with Max Martin, as the pair have enjoyed huge successes with 'Teenage Dream', 'Roar' and 'Dark Horse', among many others, so far.
However, considering long-time collaborator  Dr. Luke is currently wrapped up in a controversial lawsuit with Kesha (which includes unfounded claims of sexual abuse), we're unsure as to whether Katy will want to reconnect with him in the studio.
Katy Perry / Taylor Swift
So those registered tracks we mentioned earlier - what clues do they give us? The most intriguing one is 'She's So Creepy', which has been widely reported to be a retaliation to Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood'. Not exactly subtle, is it?
This was registered just before Katy Perry's Super Bowl half-time show in February 2015, so it's uncertain whether it would still be in contention for the next album. Two other songs - titled 'In Flames' and 'Heartache Crusader' - have also been registered.
"The only thing that is on my mind when creating music is being authentic and vulnerable and making sure that it connects. And I know that it does connect because numbers don't lie," Katy said earlier this year.
"I know that might sound a little sassy, but all I want to do is stay true to myself and dig deep to pull out some of the messages or perspectives that I have on the world."
Katy Perry arriving at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards
So how can Katy keep topping those big sales? Reinvention, of course. ​"I also think it's important for me to maybe start reinventing myself," she told the Associated Press in February 2015.
"I can't keep topping myself because I'll just combust at some point. You can't keep topping yourself when you're at such a height. There's only one Mount Everest and once you've reached it, it's like where do you go from there? You've just got to sail somewhere els​e."

Katy Perry new songs: will there be any collaborations?

At this point we have zero idea, but Katy Perry isn't averse to a good ole team-up. Missy Elliott, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg and Juicy J have been past collaborators, but there's one duet fans have been waiting years for: Rihanna.
They are by far our favourite BFF popstar pairing, but they have yet to get it on in the studio. "We've actually been talking about it for years, so we can't let anyone down," Perry said back in 2013. "We have to do the best song ever. Beyond that, I think we'll definitely get around to it and when it happens, you are going to know." Please be for #KP4.

Katy Perry tour and tickets: when will it happen?

We're a long way off from any confirmed dates, but Katy has proven herself to be one of the biggest box office belles when it comes to a global tour.
Pulling out this earlier quote:  ​ "I do my records in a more traditional way, where the cycle is three years, so that once I start writing them, I know exactly where I'll be in spring of 2018,"​ kind of indicates that another worldwide jaunt is on the cards. Basically, keep your 2017 relatively free.
Whatever the case may be, we are more than ready for another Katy Perry spectacle.